Credit or debit cards
Checks, POs and credit card payments
5 or more attendees
Too many Americans are carelessly bringing half the foods they buy to the trash instead of their mouths Tweet this
CCAC Fellow, City of San Diego
Fri, Mar 03, 2023
Don’t Waste, Taste! Why Food Recovery is important and how we can all do it better.Currently, Americans are carelessly bringing half the foods they buy to the trash instead of their mouths (Chiena Ty, 2022). In an effort to avoid rising emissions, wasteful land use, and hunger, Food Recovery is the important next step in America’s fight to become a true sustainable nation. This workshop will look to examine current Food Recovery practices and future solutions!
The CCAC Fellows’ goal is to facilitate a thought-provoking discussion on the importance of Food Recovery and leave attendees with tangible solutions.
- Reducing Edible Food Waste: Statistics & Data
- Food Recovery Policy Business Ideas: Ways corporations can lead sustainable progress
- Outreach and Education: Ways individuals can bring awareness to other people in their lives
- Attendees will have a better understanding on the topic of Food Waste/Recovery and its importance to Climate Change
- Attendees will have a clearer understanding of current and potential Food Recovery Policy and its power to drive accountability and sustainable change
- Attendees will leave with a tangible guide to reducing food waste in their homes