Credit or debit cards
Checks, POs and credit card payments
5 or more attendees
Co-creating community resilience in Austin TX, a creative an innovative approach to addressing the climate change impacts at the local scale. Tweet this
1:30 PM - 2:15 PM Thu, May 18, 2023 Regency B
Community Resilience in TX through the creation of a Resilience Hub NetworkThe local landscape of community resilience is complicated, unique, and ever changing. One tool to promote community resilience at the hyper-local scale is the Resilience Hub model. This talk will explore the role and benefits of resilience hubs, what they look like across the country and how we are co-creating them with community partners in Austin, Texas.
By attending this session, attendees will be anle to learn about how Resilience Huvs can serve as a tool for local climate change response.
- Attendees will be able to see how Resilience Hubs can be a tool to support community members during climate change impacts at the local scale.
- Attendees will be able to recognize and get excited about Resilience Hubs and the role they can play in transforming community resilience.
- Attendees will be able to learn about a variety of community engagement techniques to co-create Resilience Hubs with community.
- Participants will learn the tools they can implement in their community related to climate change preparedness.
- Participants will be able to apply the Austin, TX case study t their own municipality's community resilience efforts.
- Attendees will learn skills that can bolster community co-creation efforts to support the community resilience in their municipalities.
Add to Calendar 05/18/2023 1:30 PM 05/18/2023 2:15 PM America/Los_Angeles Climate Change Preparedness Conference Community Resilience in TX through the creation of a Resilience Hub Network Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center