After graduating with a degree in Sustainability & Communications from San Diego State University, Nick decided to dedicate his life to combating climate change with real, practical solutions. He soon became trained as a Climate Reality Leader under Vice-President Al Gore’s The Climate Reality Project. With their partnership, he created social campaigns that brought awareness to the urgency of the environmental crisis and ways individuals could make a positive change. In 2022, Nick joined the California Climate Action Corps and was paired with the City of San Diego to assist in their efforts in reducing food waste and increasing food recovery to businesses and residents alike. In the future, Nick plans on starting his own non-profit committed to continuing the search and action for practical solutions to climate change.
CCAC - Cut, Continue, & Convert! The Importance of Waste Management in Sustainability;Reduce, Reuse, Recycle…everyone knows it, but not everyone does it. But no one wants to live in a trash can, so let’s not make it one! This workshop will provide insightful commentary to America’s current state of waste management as well as solutions that sustainable movements and the next generation are creating!
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle…everyone knows it, but not everyone does it. Our workshop will look to change that!
- Where our waste goes and why waste management is important
- Reducing our waste
- Reusing our things (Planned obsolescence, thrifting, upcycling)
- Recycling, Organics Recycling, Composting
- Attendees will better understand proper recycling and organics recycling best practices
- Attendees will leave with a toolkit that includes a script of talking when speaking with businesses, friends, and family
- Attendees will leave with a toolkit that includes sustainable alternatives for common consumer habits