Cassandra graduated from San Diego State University with a B.A. in Sustainability and a minor in Communication. Her education gave her a foundation of knowledge of the current environmental crisis and instilled a passion to address barriers to environmental and social justice. She is currently serving a term for the California Climate Action Corps with the City of San Diego to help the City implement food recovery and organic waste programs on a city wide scale, in accordance with Senate Bill 1383. This fellowship has equipped her with policy implementation and community outreach experience that she will use as she continues her work in the environmental field. She will be continuing her education in climate science and policy in the near future.
Fri, Mar 03, 2023
CCAC - Cut, Continue, & Convert! The Importance of Waste Management in Sustainability!Reduce, Reuse, Recycle…everyone knows it, but not everyone does it. But no one wants to live in a trash can, so let’s not make it one! This workshop will provide insightful commentary to America’s current state of waste management as well as solutions that sustainable movements and the next generation are creating!
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle…everyone knows it, but not everyone does it. Our workshop will look to change that!
- Where our waste goes and why waste management is important
- Reducing our waste
- Reusing our things (Planned obsolescence, thrifting, upcycling)
- Recycling, Organics Recycling, Composting
- Attendees will better understand proper recycling and organics recycling best practices
- Attendees will leave with a toolkit that includes a script of talking when speaking with businesses, friends, and family
- Attendees will leave with a toolkit that includes sustainable alternatives for common consumer habits